Friday, February 18, 2011
Fun Things to do with Play Food!
If you are a fan of Lilly Bean, you probably already know how fun play food is! I thought that I would post 5 ways that I have fun with my kids while playing with play food:
1. Color Sorting - This is great for toddlers! Grab a few baskets and bowls and sort all of your play food into color categories.
2. Food Groups - Hmmm...does the tomato go in the fruit or veggie pile?
3. Restaurant- Try spicing it up a bit by helping your child make their own menu. Cut out pictures in magazines or draw them. Then take turns being the waitress and the customer! Hint: you can secretly get a manners lesson in here ;)
4. Shopping - If you don't have a cash register, make a money box out of an old shoe box. You don't need fancy fake money. Have your child design their own psuedo-legal tender. Maybe print out some pictures to use on those dollar bills.
5. Food toss - Ok...we wouldn't recommend this with wooden or plastic food, but Lilly Bean play food is great for tossing. Set up a laundry basket and have at it!
More fun play time ideas to come!